Brewery Bar Manager
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Receive a £1000 sign on bonus.
Must successfully pass a 90 day probation period to receive the sign on bonus.
Salary: £24,000.00-£26,000.00 per year
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for an enthusiastic and driven individual to join our management team at Other Monkey Brewing as a Brewery Bar Manager.
Other Monkey Brewing is a Colchester, Essex based brewery founded in March 2016. Independently owned, we brew both traditional ales and exciting, award winning craft beers.
We are looking for someone who is passionate about beer and customer service and wants to be part of a dedicated team in a fast-growing market sector. This is a hands-on role and requires someone who can lead by example in developing the Tap Room.
The Brewery Bar Manager will be responsible for promoting and running the Tap Room and assist in driving the brewery brand forward. The role will require a confident individual capable of discussing Other Monkey Brewing beers and the trends in craft brewing in general. The individual will have a strong background in cellar management, personnel management, and customer service.
The successful candidate responsibilities:
- Be an ambassador to Other Monkey Brewing. You are the face of the brewery when people visit the Tap Room
- Cellar Management to include responsibility of beer lines, beer styles, stock rotation and cleanliness of work area
- Create and host taster evenings, working closely with the kitchen team to develop food and beverage pairings
- Develop and manage staff training that enhances their knowledge of all the beers on tap, ingredients used, style on draft and events and procedures
- Create effective staff schedules
- Manage stock control
- Work closely with the promotions team to highlight exciting new products
- Support the management team with the purpose of improving the running of the venue and upkeep of the building
- Guarantee all aspects of health and safety, licensing is adhered to
- Undertake daily accounting duties and dealing with customer enquiries and bookings
- Liaise with suppliers and contractors
What you need to have:
- Passion, enthusiasm and knowledge of beer and brewing
- 3 years’ experience in working in the same/similar management role is essential
- Strong cellar management skills, confident dealing with different types of kegs, changing regulators, increasing and reducing gas pressures, line cleaning.
- Excellent communication skills
- Self-starter and good self-manager
- Professional in all work environment settings
- Great organisational skills
- Team player
- Completion of the Cicerone Certification Program
- Degree or Diploma in Hospitality Management
- Personal Licence
If you meet any of the above requirements, please send over a cover letter and your CV over to [email protected]. We look forward to hearing from you.